Saint Mary’s Ethos
Our School aims to be a friendly and welcoming place. As a Catholic school we will encourage prayer and the following of Jesus. We will support each other in being good citizens and care for everyone as shown through the Gospel. God gave us all special gifts and together our home, school and parish will help us to shine now and always.
The Main Aim of our school is to fulfil our mission statement by:
Learning to be
Learning to know
Learning to do
Learning to live together
Our priorities are:
- Attainment and Achievement
- Learning and Teaching
- Equality and Fairness
- Citizenship and Partnership
- Spiritual, Physical and Mental Well-Being.
As a Catholic school we aim to nurture children, through the teaching of Jesus, to become:
- Successful learners
- Confident individuals
- Responsible citizens
- Effective contributors
Our Key strategies are:
1. To provide quality teaching and learning experiences, leading to high standards of attainment, through the implementation of a broad and balanced curriculum and extra curricular activities.
2. To create a learning environment and school ethos which promotes children’s personal, social, moral and spiritual development.
3. To support teaching and learning through human resources and the provision of a range and quality of identified educational resources.
4. To maintain and develop partnerships between staff and governors, with parents, the church and community.